|Class||K1(From 2 years and 8 months or above)|
Whole day class：8:45-4:30
Period of application form collection
|Obtain from school in person or download from school website ( Download here )|
Return of Application Forms
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Mondays to Fridays)/
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Saturdays)
|Interview Date||13th November 2021(Saturday) 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|
Priority of Consideration will be given to:
1) Applicant with silbling(s) currently studying in our Kindergarten;
2) Applicant whose parent(s) is/are member or staff of Homantin Baptist Church Kindergarten;
3) Applicant who resides near to the Homantin Baptist Church Kindergarten;
4) The applicant from families in need of whole day / long whole day classes will be given due priority consideration when applying for whole day / long whole day classes
(As the number of school places is limited, please understand that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.)
5) Interview performance
1) Interview will be arranged for each applicant
2) Interviews will be arranged in form of group and/or individual. One of the parents should accompany their child for the interview.
|Announcement of Admission Results||We will inform parents of the K1 admission results before 17 December 2021 by post|
1) Successful applicants:
Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 6 to 8 January 2022 (“Centralised Registration Dates”) by submitting the original of the “2022-23 RC” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
2) Applicants on the waiting list:
If the successful applicant fails to register during the “Centralised Registration Dates”, the school may allocate the unfilled places to applicants on the waiting list. Then,
parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the school.
Parents are required to submit the original of the “2022-23 RV” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee.
3) Unsuccessful Application:
Applicants refer to the K1 vacancy information released by the EDB on its website after the “Centralised Registration Dates” starting from late January 2022.
1) Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “2022-23 RC” during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence,
parents are required to submit application for the Registration Certificate to EDB within the specified period.
2) The registration fee for 2022-23 K1 place half day class is HK$970 and the whole day class is HK$1,570.
3) Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the “2022-23 RC” but the registration fee will not be refunded.
Upon obtaining the “2022-23 RC”, the kindergarten will no longer keep the school place for the child.
When applying for admission, please submit the following documents:
1) Application form with recent photo
2) Photocopy of birth certificate
3) Photocopies of parent’s/guardian ID card
4) Photocopy of immunization card
5) Four pieces of addressed written envelope with stamps (Please affix an envelope with enough postage stamps.)
6) Two passport-sized photos of the child (Please write the name on the back)
7) Admission fee $40
For eligible applicants, please submit the application form together with requird documents in person or by post to our kindergarten.
|Admission Support for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) Children|
Arrangement for admission application of Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) Children
Our school ensures equal opportunities in school admission for all eligible children (Including Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) Children) in public sector schools, regardless of their races.
When interviewing NCS children, interpretation or translation service for applicants will be provided where necessary;
or parents and children are allowed to be accompanied by a Chinese speaking relative/friend to facilitate communication.
1. English version of the application form is provided ( Download here )
2. School will arranged interview for all applicants
3. Enquiry Telephone Number and Email Address for Parents of NCS Children
Telephone No: 2242 0024 (Head Teacher)
Email address: [email protected]
Support for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) Children
1. Non-Chinese-Speaking parents can use the interpretation and translation services of the “Centre for Harmony and Enhancement of Ethnic Minority Residents” (CHEER).
CHEER provides services such as phone instant interpretation and WhatsApp translation on notices. View https://hkcscheer.net/hk/ if necessary.
2. Education services for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) students
3. Non-Chinese Speaking Parent Information Package: Your Guide to Education in Hong Kong-e-version https://www.edb.gov.hk/en/student-parents/ncs-students/support-to-student-and-parents/package/ncs-parent-information-package-chi_eng.html
Parent child game day
23rd October 2021(Sat)
9:15a.m. to 10:45 p.m.
11:15a.m to 12:45p.m
Education Bureau’s “child Care Admission Arrangements”
Admission Arrangements for Nursery(K1) Classes in Kindergartens for the 2022/23 School Year
Profile of Kindergartens and Kindergarten-cum-Child Care Centres (2021/22 School Year)
|Whole day Classes / Half day Classes||K1||for 2 years old and eight months to 4 years old|
|K2||for 4 – 5 years old|
|K3||for 5 – 6 years old|
• Parent Orientation enables parents to gain an understanding of children’s physical, mental and emotional changes at the fresh beginning of school and thus help them adjust to the new school life.
• Get to know children’s schedules at school.
• Gain an understanding of the school structure, mission, the application procedures of the Free Quality Kindergarten Education Scheme and the study subsidy scheme.
• Parents and the school can exchange experiences and thoughts on the challenges of helping children adjust to school.
• Parents can take home with them a parent handbook with the above information.
Adjustment Activity for New Students: New Student Orientation Day
An orientation day will be arranged for new students. It welcomes new students and their parents with fun, engaging activities and involves them in a relaxing, pleasurable environment to help children develop an interest in going to school and help them make a smooth adjustment to the new school life.
|Reservation fee||(Half day class) $970|
|(Full day class) $1,570|
※ Please note：The purchase of supplies or services is purely voluntary, and parents may purchase according to their individual needs.